Last Updated: October 25, 2019
1. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We, or our service providers on our behalf, may collect the following information about you or your use of the Change Media Group sites and assets described above:
Information You Provide to Us
- Contact and registration information: such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or other PII.
- Information about you or your friends and family: such as demographic or biographical information, gender, interests, photos, videos, or any other information about you that you provide to us, including information about friends, contacts or referrals.
- Transaction information: payment information such as your credit/debit card details, purchase history, delivery address and other information related to your transaction.
- Competition, sweepstakes and survey information: We may through our own work or the work of partners or clients carry out surveys and panel discussions, which may request that you voluntarily provide additional information.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Device Information: including your IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, platform type, gaming platform, device types, and device IDs such as unique identifiers, advertising identifiers, or gaming platform identifiers.
- Usage Information: including files you download, domain names, landing pages, your browsing activity, what you click, scrolling and keystroke activity, pages viewed, advertising viewed or visited, forms or fields you complete or partially complete, search terms, whether you open an email and your interaction with the content, access times, and error logs, and other similar information.
- Location Information: including the city, state and ZIP code associated with your IP address, information derived through WiFi triangulation, and precise location information from GPS-based functionality on your mobile devices or from your use of our Mobile Apps, and with your consent, your precise GPS information.
- Viewing Behavior: including the content you view, how long you watch each video, the quality of the service you receive (e.g. buffering, load times) as well as advertisements you have been shown or interacted with.
- Offline Information. Certain information may also be stored while you are offline and transmitted to us when you next connect to the Internet, regardless of where you connect from or the device you use to connect.
Information from Third Party Sources
We may receive information about you from third parties, partners or our service providers such as:
- Public Information: from publicly and commercially available online or offline sources, as permitted by law including demographic information, purchasing data, membership in loyalty programs or information about advertisements you have seen or acted upon, including your interaction with advertisers’ products and services.
- Social Media Information: if you visit the Change Media Group or our affiliated pages on a device on which you also use social networks or if you interact with us through a social media service or other platform, we may have access to some information you provide to that social network or platform such as your name, email address, friend list, photo, age, gender, location, birthday, social networking ID, current city, and the people/sites you follow.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Depending on the what data is collected Change Media Group and our advertising partners, may use your information to:
Provide Change Media Group assistance in the following, including:
- responding to your requests or inquiries;
- providing technical support;
- sending you service-related communications, including announcements and administrative messages;
- displaying certain content, such as content you upload and make available, comments, and statistics;
- understanding how you use the our website and online properties so we can improve them;
Personalize your experience including:
- providing you with advertising based on your activities and interests;
- creating and updating audience segments that can be used for targeted advertising and marketing on the Change Media Group services, television, third party services and platforms, mobile apps and/or websites, and offline;
- creating profiles about you, including adding information we obtain from third parties, which may be used for analytics, marketing and advertising;
- sending you newsletters, surveys and information about products and services offered by Change Media Group, our partners, and other organizations with which we work.
Recognize your devices and associate the information with your profile including:
- using data collected or received from Change Media Group Affiliates, service providers, advertisers, and other third parties, such as your device information, to match mobile advertising and cookie identifiers;
- matching your devices if you log into the same online service on multiple devices or web browsers or if your devices share similar attributes that support an inference that they are used by the same user or household;
- using this information to match your interests across devices, as well as for analytics, ad serving or reporting, or to improve the services;
- identifying you or your device or associated information with you, your device, or your profile whenever you visit the Change Media Group online property, even if you do so when logged out or without intentionally identifying yourself.
We may combine all the information we collect from or receive about you for any of the foregoing purposes. Please see Your Rights and Choices section for further information.
3. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with:
- Service providers that perform certain business-related functions on our behalf: including research and analytics, website hosting, transaction fulfillment, payment, processing database maintenance, fraud prevention, technology services and platforms, identity management and acquisition and conversion services.
- Hashed/Masked Information. We may share information about you along with a hashed or masked identifier, with third parties so they may better personalize your experience with them and the offers they send you.
- Research and Measurement Companies: we share information about content you view on the Change Media Group assets with video measurement services and other analytics providers.
4. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Communication Preferences and Opt-outs
You may unsubscribe from our email newsletters or promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. You cannot unsubscribe from service-related, transactional, or emails related to any payments to Change Media Group.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
5. LOCATION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Change Media Group is headquartered in the United States and may from time to time transfer your information to other countries only for the purposes like software use, advertising, and data management. Generally, data does not leave the United States. We will take steps to ensure that your information receives an appropriate level of protection.
6. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain procedural, technical, and physical safeguards for Change Media Group data to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the information you provide. These safeguards vary depending upon the sensitivity of the information we collect and store. Please be aware that no security solutions are infallible.
8. CONTACT US
Cookies may be stored on your server temporarily when you visit our website. This information is used to ensure that users have a good experience on our site.
- WHAT ARE COOKIES AND HOW ARE THEY USED?
- COOKIE MANAGEMENT
- CONTACT US
- CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES AND HOW ARE THEY USED?
First-party Cookies are placed by us (including through the use of third-party service providers) and are used to allow you to use the Services and their features and to assist in analytics activities.
Certain third parties may place their Cookies on your device and use them to recognize your device when you visit the Services and when you visit other websites or online services. These third parties collect and use this information pursuant to their own privacy policies. Third-party Cookies enable certain features or functionalities, and advertising, to be provided on the Services.
Types of Cookies
The Services use the following types of first and third-party Cookies for these purposes:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These Cookies are required for Service functionality, including for system administration, security and fraud prevention, and to enable any purchasing capabilities. You can set your browser to block these Cookies, but some parts of the site may not function properly.
- Analytics and Performance Cookies : These Cookies collect data regarding your usage of and performance of the Assets. We and our third-party vendors use these Cookies to perform analytics, to improve the content and user experience, for statistical purposes, to improve the Assets and develop new ones. They are also used to recognize you across platforms and devices for the above purposes.
- Functional Cookies : These Cookies enable us to provide certain features, such as determining if you are a first-time visitor, capping message frequency, remembering choices you have made (e.g., your language preferences, time zone), and assist you with logging in after registration (including across platforms and devices). Data collected under this category can also be used to select and deliver personalized content, such as news articles and videos, and measure the delivery and effectiveness of that content.
- Targeted Advertising Cookies : These Cookies are used to collect data about your browsing habits, your use of the Assets, your preferences, and your interaction with advertisements across platforms and devices for the purpose of delivering targeted advertising content on the Assets. Third-party sites and services also use Targeting Advertising Cookies to deliver content, including advertisements relevant to your interests on the our sites or assets and third-party services. If you reject these Cookies, you will see less relevant advertising.
- Social Cookies: These Cookies are set by social media platforms on the Assets to enable you to share content with your friends and networks. Social media platforms have the ability to track your online activity outside of the Assets. This may impact the content and messages you see on other services you visit.
We and third parties may associate Analytics and Performance Cookies, Functional Cookies, Targeting Advertising Cookies, and Social Media Cookies with other information we have about you.
2. COOKIE MANAGEMENT
You can use the methods described below to manage Cookies. You must take such steps on each browser or device that you use. If you replace, change or upgrade your browser or device, or delete your cookies, you may need to use these opt-out tools again.
Browser Controls: You may be able to disable and manage some Cookies through your browser settings. If you use multiple browsers on the same device, you will need to manage your settings for each browser. Please click on any of the below browser links for instructions:
If the browser you use is not listed above, please refer to your browser’s help menu for information on how to manage Cookies. Please be aware that disabling cookies will not disable other analytics tools we may use to collect information about you or your use of our Assets.
Analytics Provider Opt-Outs: To disable analytics Cookies you can use the browser controls discussed above or, for some of our providers, you can use their individual opt-out mechanisms:
The above are examples of our analytics providers, but the list is not exhaustive. In addition, we are not responsible for the effectiveness of any other providers’ opt-out mechanisms.
Flash Local Storage: These cookies are also known as local shared objects and may be used to store your preferences or display content by us, advertisers and other third-parties. Flash cookies need to be deleted in the storage section of your Flash Player Settings Manager.
Targeted Advertising: Most third-party advertisers offer a way to opt out of their targeted advertising. For more information or to opt out of receiving targeted advertising from participating third-party advertisers, Change Media Group with rare exception only does business in the United States and markets to US organizations so US resources are the only we provide , please visit:
You can also opt out of some of our advertising networks by visiting their opt-out pages:
These are examples of our advertising providers, but the list is not exhaustive. In addition, we are not responsible for the effectiveness of any of these providers’ opt-out mechanisms.
After you opt out, you will still see advertisements, but they may not be as relevant to you.
Mobile Settings: You may manage the collection of information for personalized advertising purposes in mobile apps via the device’s settings, including managing the collection of location data. To opt out of mobile ad tracking you can do so by selecting “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt out of Ads Personalization” (for Android devices) option in your device’s settings. If phone settings for opt outs change, we are not responsible for those updates and reflecting those updates here. By coming to our assets you agree to this policy and understand the mobile opt out terms just above.
Cross-Device Tracking: If you would like to opt out of our browser-based cross-device tracking for advertising purposes, you may do so by opting out using the various methods described above. You must opt out separately on each device and each browser that you use. For more information about cross-device matching, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance. If you opt out of cross-device tracking for advertising purposes, we may still conduct cross-device tracking for other purposes, such as analytics.
Consequences of Deactivation of Cookies: If you disable or remove Cookies, some parts of the Assets may not function properly. Information may still be collected and used for other purposes, such as research, online services analytics or internal operations, and to remember your opt-out preferences.
3. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE