We are always on the lookout for smart, talented people to join the team.
Change Media Group is one of Michigan’s premier digital and creative firms, and we are constantly looking to discover the next great talent — particularly writers, designers, data scientists, and strategists. We welcome résumés from current college students, recent graduates, and established marketing professionals.
CMG seeks individuals who are willing to learn and grow. Most of our current team members originally joined us as student interns and have since gone on to work full-time with us.
The CMG team is built upon a spirit of internal leadership that invests in its members and empowers them to make decisions, lead projects, and grow to lead disciplines. Our team is our most important asset, so we make sure everyone is taken care of with the following notable benefits:
- Unlimited vacation policy, including our two-week winter break
- Sustainable projects and flexible schedules
- Health insurance and dental coverage
- Matching IRA contributions
- Professional development opportunities (conferences, coaching in-house)
- Weekly company lunches and regular happy hours
- Michigan beer & pop in the office refrigerator 😉
- Competitively paid internships!
“My internship here has been one of the best so far! I’ve been able to do meaningful analytical work for clients, learned to work with a ton of different tools, and have made friends all at the same time. It’s been a great experience of having professional guidance while still having the ability to make mistakes and work through things on my own. I would definitely recommend anyone to this position!”
-Lisa Lyons, Former Informatics Specialist
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
Are you a visual storyteller? Are you an experienced editor, able to craft compelling messages using a combination of motion graphics and raw footage? If you are looking to use your video editing skills in an impactful way, we have an opportunity that may resonate with your passion to make a difference! This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity.
Change Media Group (CMG) creates and produces advertising campaigns that help Presidents, Governors, Members of Congress, and some of the country’s most effective progressive organizations engage communities, persuade people, and turn out voters. These campaigns delight viewers and lead to real-world change.
The Video Editor / Animator is responsible for crafting compelling video content that resonates with different audiences. This work will include video editing, basic motion graphics, creative collaboration, and maintaining organizational systems. Videos will range from :30 TV ads, :06, :15, :30, and :60 digital ads, to organic and longform social videos. This person works closely with the other members of the CMG video team as well as various freelance staff and will report to the Director of Video Production. While this position will be mostly work-from-home, this role requires candidates to be based in Chicago.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Edit video content of various lengths and styles for both digital media and television
- Using available information (e.g script, prompt, or research), craft a compelling visual story using RAW footage, stock footage, or graphic.
- Version videos for various digital platforms – resizing, captioning, etc.
- Work closely with the Director of Video to develop and maintain video team organizational systems to track all post production
- Coordinate with Director of Video on optimizing a post production/archival workflow
- Collaborate daily with team members to brainstorm new ideas and fresh, unique approaches to video
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES DESIRED
- 4+ years of proven editing experience in a professional capacity, ideally in TV and digital media
- Fluency in the Adobe Creative suite as it pertains to video (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder, Audition, Cinema 4D is a plus)
- Project management skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong instincts for effective visual storytelling
- Basic color correction and sound mixing skills
- Must be comfortable working on tight, demanding deadlines and able to juggle multiple projects at any given time.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of resourcefulness
NICE TO HAVES
- Prior experience with post production management / supervising
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Premiere Team Projects and Google Drive for Desktop
- Prior experience with political or labor organizing campaigns
- Familiarity with rights and clearances for obtaining audio and third-party footage
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation depends on experience and is highly competitive. We have a progressive benefits package matched by few companies or organizations; it includes:
- 100% employer-paid health care and dental
- Unlimited vacation policy. We care about results, outcomes, and sustainability.
- Education reimbursements for higher education and graduate programs.
- Yearly stipends for training programs and conferences.
- Healthy food and snacks provided in the office.
- Computer and sit/standing desk provided.
- After 6 months, a 6% employer 401(k) match.
How to Apply: Submit resume and cover letter on ZipRecruiter under the Change Media Group job advertisement for “Video Editor/Animator”. No phone calls, please.
Change Media Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established under law. We highly value diversity because we strongly believe that a diverse, vibrant team can better shape creative solutions to difficult problems. People from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.