We are always on the lookout for smart, talented people to join the team.
Change Media Group is one of Michigan’s premier digital and creative firms, and we are constantly looking to discover the next great talent — particularly writers, designers, data scientists, and strategists. We welcome résumés from current college students, recent graduates, and established marketing professionals.
CMG seeks individuals who are willing to learn and grow. Most of our current team members originally joined us as student interns and have since gone on to work full-time with us.
The CMG team is built upon a spirit of internal leadership that invests in its members and empowers them to make decisions, lead projects, and grow to lead disciplines. Our team is our most important asset, so we make sure everyone is taken care of with the following notable benefits:
- Unlimited vacation policy, including our two-week winter break
- Sustainable projects and flexible schedules
- Health insurance and dental coverage
- Matching IRA contributions
- Professional development opportunities (conferences, coaching in-house)
- Weekly company lunches and regular happy hours
- Michigan beer & pop in the office refrigerator 😉
- Competitively paid internships!
“My internship here has been one of the best so far! I’ve been able to do meaningful analytical work for clients, learned to work with a ton of different tools, and have made friends all at the same time. It’s been a great experience of having professional guidance while still having the ability to make mistakes and work through things on my own. I would definitely recommend anyone to this position!”
-Lisa Lyons, Former Informatics Specialist
There are no positions open currently
DIGITAL MEDIA BUYING ASSOCIATE
Want to do good and make the world a more fair, equitable, progressive place? We want you. Change Media Group (CMG) seeks highly motivated applicants for multi-semester employment as a Digital Media Buying Associate. This position begins as part-time and paid hourly, but our preference is for longevity for the right, passionate person. You will help deliver digital ads to fight for social justice, advocate for fairness, and win elections by persuading and turning out voters for progressive candidates and causes. You will work with and report to the CMG staff based out of Lansing, MI. You will gain a better understanding of the data and analytics, strategic marketing, and digital advertising needs of various sized businesses, political campaigns, unions, and nonprofit organizations, while gaining valuable, hands-on experience managing digital programs.
- Draft campaign plans that help clients reach their strategic goals
- Help place and manage online ad buys through Google, Facebook, and a variety of third-party vendor platforms
- Help coordinate the flow and production of creative and targeting to keep projects on track
- Track performance of online advertisements
- Build reports and assist with budget tracking documents and resources
- Draft ad content and work with graphic designers to bring clients’ messages to life
- Manage social media platforms on behalf of clients (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
- Curate content calendars and schedule recurring blog content across social media platforms
- Continuously research and add to CMG’s internal training resources and knowledge hub to stay on top of industry best practices
- Available to work 20 to 40 hours per week — mainly reporting to the Lansing office, with the potential for remote time
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment requiring strong attention to consistency and detail
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with a team
- Interest in civic engagement, progressive politics, developing new knowledge with regard to trends and technology in the digital space
- Excellent writing, verbal, research, and analytical skills, as well as extensive experience using computers and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working for or volunteering for a political campaign
- Experience running social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) for professional purposes
- Experience using any of the following platforms/software (MailChimp, Zapier, Google Data Studio/Analytics/Ads, Facebook Business Manager, YouTube, Action Network, Act Blue, VAN/Votebuilder, WordPress, Squarespace)
- Majoring or degree holder in a related field, especially Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Economics, Political Science, Information Science, or equivalent
Change Media Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established under law. We highly value diversity because we strongly believe that a diverse, vibrant team can better shape creative solutions to difficult problems. People from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.