We are always on the lookout for smart, talented people to join the team.
Change Media Group is one of Michigan’s premier digital and creative firms, and we are constantly looking to discover the next great talent — particularly writers, designers, data scientists, and strategists. We welcome résumés from current college students, recent graduates, and established marketing professionals.
CMG seeks individuals who are willing to learn and grow. Most of our current team members originally joined us as student interns and have since gone on to work full-time with us.
The CMG team is built upon a spirit of internal leadership that invests in its members and empowers them to make decisions, lead projects, and grow to lead disciplines. Our team is our most important asset, so we make sure everyone is taken care of with the following notable benefits:
- Unlimited vacation policy, including our two-week winter break
- Sustainable projects and flexible schedules
- Health insurance and dental coverage
- Matching IRA contributions
- Professional development opportunities (conferences, coaching in-house)
- Weekly company lunches and regular happy hours
- Michigan beer & pop in the office refrigerator 😉
- Competitively paid internships!
“My internship here has been one of the best so far! I’ve been able to do meaningful analytical work for clients, learned to work with a ton of different tools, and have made friends all at the same time. It’s been a great experience of having professional guidance while still having the ability to make mistakes and work through things on my own. I would definitely recommend anyone to this position!”
-Lisa Lyons, Former Informatics Specialist
Want to do good and make the world a fairer, more equitable, more just place? We want you.
Change Media Group (CMG) has crafted, written, designed, and produced creative for more than 100 winning campaigns across America. CMG’s videos and groundbreaking creative have helped Presidents, Governors, Members of Congress, and some of the country’s most effective progressive organizations engage communities, persuade people, and turn out voters. These campaigns and victories have delighted viewers and have led to concrete real-world change. CMG seeks highly motivated applicants for employment as a Senior Advertising Strategist to become an integral part of our team!
The Senior Advertising Strategist is responsible for placing and tracking advertising buys across various platforms and vendors – this includes Google, Facebook, Hulu, Comcast, YouTube, and more. Many of these projects will involve organizing ad buys for candidates and organizations at the local, state, and federal levels. This requires continually optimizing each program using highly targeted lists and persuasive creative. These advertising programs help achieve progressive wins across the nation.
This person works closely with all members of the CMG team and will report to the Director of Advertising Operations. This position can be based in the Metro Detroit, MI office; the Grand Rapids, MI office; or remote.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizing Programmatic Buying and Real-Time Bidding for persuasion and GOTV efforts using video, display, and social media.
- Preparing strategies for and running Fundraising and Lead Acquisition ads across platforms.
- Running effective and efficient Search Campaigns.
- Tracking spends and reporting progress to clients.
- Working with vendors to execute TV, Billboard, Print and other media buys.
- Managing multi-district, multi-goal programs across the US.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES DESIRED
- 4+ years marketing and advertising experience, preferably digital advertising.
- Highly skilled in Excel.
- Some experience with demand side platform (DSP) buying tools
- Customer-focused, quantitative, ambitious, organized.
- Ability to work independently and organize workload efficiently.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
- Proficiency using data to inform strategic recommendations and to determine best practices including experience with ROI and projections reporting.
- Strong understanding of current issues in progressive politics and economic justice.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of technical and digital literacy and desire to solve technical problems as they arise.
- Ability to work at a fast pace with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work across lines of difference and demonstrated cultural competency.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Compensation depends on experience and is highly competitive. Compensation range of $60,000 to $75,000. We have a progressive benefits package matched by few companies or organizations; it includes:
- 100% employer-paid health care and dental
- Unlimited vacation policy. We care about results, outcomes, and sustainability.
- Education reimbursements for higher education and graduate programs.
- Yearly stipends for training programs and conferences.
- Healthy food and snacks provided in the office.
- Computer and sit/standing desk provided.
- Industry leading profit sharing so we all do well by doing good and serving clients effectively.
- After 6 months, a 6% employer 401(k) match.
How to Apply: Submit resume and cover letter on ZipRecruiter under the Change Media Group job advertisement for “Senior Ads Strategist”. No phone calls, please.
Change Media Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established under law. We highly value diversity because we strongly believe that a diverse, vibrant team can better shape creative solutions to difficult problems. People from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.