At Change Media Group, our values drive our work. We partner with clients who share our progressive values, and together we advocate for economic justice, expanded healthcare access, equality, protecting the environment, worker’s rights, and more.
We’re proud to use our powers for good, propelling progressive campaigns and causes to victory.
Change Media Group is a team of talented strategists, storytellers, developers, designers, videographers, and advertisers.
Our team is our most important asset, so we make sure everyone is taken care of with the following notable benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- 100% employer-paid health care & dental
- A flexible remote work policy including in-office, fully remote, & hybrid opportunities
- A 6% employer 401(k) match
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Profit sharing
- Education reimbursements for higher education & graduate programs
- Yearly stipends for training programs & conferences
- Top-tier technology and optional standing desks provided
- Healthy food & snacks provided in office to fuel your work
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus paid holidays including:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Washington’s Birthday
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day
- Independence Day
- Indigenous Peoples Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Our two-week winter break including Christmas and New Year’s Day
Are you a visual storyteller? Are you an experienced editor, able to craft compelling messages using a combination of motion graphics and raw footage? If you are looking to use your video editing skills in an impactful way, we have an opportunity that may resonate with your passion to make a difference! This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity.
Change Media Group (CMG) creates and produces advertising campaigns that help Presidents, Governors, Members of Congress, and some of the country’s most effective progressive organizations engage communities, persuade people, and turn out voters. These campaigns delight viewers and lead to real-world change.
The Video Editor / Animator is responsible for crafting compelling video content that resonates with different audiences. This work will include video editing, basic motion graphics, creative collaboration, and maintaining organizational systems. Videos will range from :30 TV ads, :06, :15, :30, and :60 digital ads, to organic and longform social videos. This person works closely with the other members of the CMG video team as well as various freelance staff and will report to the Director of Video Production. While this position will be mostly work-from-home, this role requires candidates to be based in Chicago.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Edit video content of various lengths and styles for both digital media and television
- Using available information (e.g script, prompt, or research), craft a compelling visual story using RAW footage, stock footage, or graphic.
- Version videos for various digital platforms – resizing, captioning, etc.
- Work closely with the Director of Video to develop and maintain video team organizational systems to track all post production
- Coordinate with Director of Video on optimizing a post production / archival workflow
- Collaborate daily with team members to brainstorm new ideas and fresh, unique approaches to video
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES DESIRED
- 4+ years of proven editing experience in a professional capacity, ideally in TV and digital media
- Fluency in the Adobe Creative suite as it pertains to video (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder, Audition, Cinema 4D is a plus)
- Project management skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong instincts for effective visual storytelling
- Basic color correction and sound mixing skills
- Must be comfortable working on tight, demanding deadlines and able to juggle multiple projects at any given time.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of resourcefulness
NICE TO HAVES
- Prior experience with post production management / supervising
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Premiere Team Projects and Google Drive for Desktop
- Prior experience with political or labor organizing campaigns
- Familiarity with rights and clearances for obtaining audio and third-party footage
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation depends on experience and is highly competitive. We have a progressive benefits package matched by few companies or organizations; it includes:
- 100% employer-paid health care and dental
- Unlimited vacation policy. We care about results, outcomes, and sustainability.
- Education reimbursements for higher education and graduate programs.
- Yearly stipends for training programs and conferences.
- Healthy food and snacks provided in the office.
- Computer and sit/standing desk provided.
- After 6 months, a 6% employer 401(k) match.
How to Apply: Submit resume and cover letter on ZipRecruiter under the Change Media Group job advertisement for “Video Editor/Animator”. No phone calls, please.
Change Media Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established under law. We highly value diversity because we strongly believe that a diverse, vibrant team can better shape creative solutions to difficult problems. People from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.