Twitter Update: Trends & Tips for Marketers
Earlier this month, we posted about Facebook news from around the Web. This time, we’ve compiled recent articles on Twitter changes, updates, and tips to keep you informed:
Top Line Lessons
- Like Google and Facebook, Twitter now uses an algorithm to reward the most engaging ads.
- Facebook and Twitter have become major sources for news online.
- Use Twitter to promote your events while they’re occurring.
- Twitter now uses an algorithm to reward the most engaging ads and penalize low-performing ones, like Google’s quality score and Facebook’s relevance score.
- Higher quality scores on Twitter ads will earn a click discount – on average, one additional point in engagement rates results in a 5% decrease in cost per engagement.
- More people now look to Facebook and Twitter for news.
- Adjust Facebook and Twitter content for older audiences who look to social media for news.
- Users flock to Twitter for breaking news.
- Facebook and Twitter are working on news-related features.
- Encourage live-tweeting by broadcasting Tweets in real-time on screens around the event.
- Post pictures, videos, and live-streams during the event to encourage attendees to do the same.
- Use a contest to encourage people to tweet with your event’s hashtag.
- Give attendees photo opps for fresh content to share on Twitter.
- Ask sponsors ahead of time to live-tweet.
Invite Change Media Group to your inbox! You’ll get our start-up series of emails, then one email a week of must-know info. No spam ever, unsubscribe any time.