Here’s How to Use Instagram as a Marketer
Instagram is relatively new and unknown territory for professional use, and most marketers are trying to figure out how to best make use of the popular platform. We’ve searched for the best tips & tricks on Instagram marketing to help you get started out the right way.
Top Line Lessons:
- Instagram’s engagement rates already exceed those of other social platforms, and market analysts expect this to continue to grow.
- Add links to your bio, photos, and descriptions to lead followers to your website.
- Use regular, everyday photos to show a more human side of your company.
- As a whole, Instagram users post an average of 70 million photos a day.
- Instagram’s engagement rates far exceed those of Facebook and Twitter.
- Market analysts expect Instagram’s momentum to continue over the next few years.
- Instagram has three times more customer actions than Facebook and Twitter, and its brand engagement continues to increase.
- Display user-generated content from Instagram to increase consumer trust.
- Link to your website from your Instagram bio.
- Place a call to action on aesthetically pleasing photos (you can even layer your website URL directly onto an image!).
- Use Instagram ads to target a specific audience.
- Work with influencers to extend your brand’s reach.
Social Media Examiner spoke with visual marketing expert Peg Fitzpatrick about using Instagram for business. Here are some highlights from the interview:
- Marketers’ biggest mistake on social media is not posting enough.
- Brands are receiving more engagement on Instagram than any other social media platform.
- Pictures of day-to-day activities, like your team working at the office or an event you attend, are a good way to give viewers more of a personal connection with your company.
- Use a square image larger than 640×640 (Instagram’s official size) to guarantee a clear, high-quality image.
- Make sure the content you share relates to your business goals.
- As a whole, Instagram users share an average of 70 million photos per day.
- 70% of users are outside the United States.
- Instagram is considered the most important social network by more teenagers in the US than any other social network.
- Instagram’s per-follower engagement rate for top brands exceeds Facebook by 58% and Twitter by 120%.
- Over half of current marketers on Instagram plan to increase their use in the next year.
Invite Change Media Group to your inbox! You’ll get our start-up series of emails, then one email a month of must-know info. No spam ever, unsubscribe any time.