This Week’s Top Reads • 5/26/15
TOP LINE LESSONS:
- Facebook’s local awareness ads allows viewers to contact you directly from the News Feed.
- Use your small business’s Facebook page as a landing page for mobile viewers.
- Google Analytics’ tracking URL tool is a good option for tracking URLs on a budget.
- Pay attention to “how-to” searches on YouTube that relate to your brand.
- Create video content to offer solutions to popular how-to searches.
Facebook recently launched new ad features that make businesses more accessible to mobile viewers.
- Facebook’s new “Call Now” button allows customers to call you from your ad in the News Feed.
- Facebook users can use the “Get Directions” button for directions to your locations right from their phone.
- Local awareness ads affordably target people near you.
- Results from local awareness ads are available on your Page.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg addressed concerns about decreasing reach of Facebook Pages for businesses.
- Despite declining organic reach, business Facebook Pages are still the best way to reach customers.
- Think of your business’s Facebook page as a mobile-friendly landing page.
- Facebook will continue to update its News Feed algorithm to serve users with posts that interest them.
- You can create tracking URLs through Google Analytics through a tool called “URL builder form.”
- Google allows you to set up personalized criteria for tracking, which it will convert into an easy-to-track URL.
- This is a budget-conscious way to track URLs.
Searches for how-to” video searches on YouTube are becoming increasingly popular among Millennials. Google offers some tips on incorporating brand marketing into this growing trend.
- “How-to” searches on YouTube continue to increase dramatically.
- Millennials make up the largest demographic group for these searches.
- About 30% of Millennials say they’ve bought a product as a result of a how-to lookup.
- Identify the needs expressed in how-to videos that are related to your brand.
- Create how-to video content specific to your brand, and make these resources easily accessible.