This Week’s Top Reads • 6/2/15
TOP LINE LESSONS:
- Integration between social media sites and digital marketing practices can result in even more effective strategies.
- Social media advertising is paying off, and businesses are constantly changing to accommodate the rise in digital engagement.
- A number of tools are available to help you monitor and analyze your social media presence.
- Total sales linked to social networks increased 26% from 2013 to 2014 among selected leading companies.
- Trends indicate that the link between commerce and social media will continue to increase exponentially.
- Mobile access to the Internet quadrupled over the past four years – but the added mobile screen time doesn’t replace desktops.
- Monthly audio podcast consumption increased by 18% from 2014 to 2015.
- Because the practice of advertising via podcasts is young and affordable, there is a lot of opportunity to experiment.
- Facebook continues to be the dominant social media site on desktop and mobile.
Social media marketing and email marketing function very differently, and each method has unique benefits. Below are some tips on integrating your Facebook and email campaigns for an even more effective result:
- Encourage users to connect with you on Facebook by featuring Facebook icons in your emails.
- Enable email sign-up from your Facebook Page.
- Host a Facebook contest with apps that focus on email rather than Facebook likes.
- Repurpose content from email for use on your Facebook Page, and vice versa.
Researchers note that 85% of customers now research businesses online before making a purchase, so the time has never been better to organize and analyze your activity on social media. A number of tools are available to help you monitor, track, and benchmark your brand’s social media presence. Read about some of these free tools below:
- Use Hootsuite to manage and analyze Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ accounts from one tool.
- Buffer enables you to schedule posts to four social media platforms directly from one source.
- You can schedule your posts for a specific date and time in Buffer, or you can preset to the most optimal time of day and the app will post automatically.
- Use Mention to monitor and manage your online reputation.
- Agorapulse Barometer can help you monitor your performance on Facebook and compare it with competitors’ Pages.
- Quintly can help you benchmark your social media strategy against your competitors’.
- Keyhole works with Instagram and Twitter to monitor the performance of hashtags, brand names, and keywords.
- Identify objectives and measure your progress by setting up Goals in Google Analytics.
- You can track visits to custom tabs on your Facebook Page with a Google Analytics campaign.
- Use Segments on Google Analytics to specify how you collect data on Page viewers.