This Week’s Top Reads • 4/7/15
Top Line Lessons:
- Simple changes can boost engagement for your Facebook content
- Small investments in Facebook advertising can offer big returns
- Google Drive features many shortcuts which can increase your productivity
- Big changes in Google’s search algorithm could mean drastic changes to your site’s rankings
#1. 5 Ways to Get Your Posts More Attention In The News Feed
Facebook’s constantly updating algorithm can make it difficult to get your posts noticed, but following these tips will make sure users find your content. Read our favorites below:
- Posts containing videos which other users engage with will rise to the top of the newsfeed
- Check out the ‘When Your Fans Are Online’ section of the Insights Dashboard to discover the best times to post.
- Post engaging content. Posts with more engagement receive higher visibility.
#2. 10 Reasons Why You Should Spend $10 Per Week On Facebook Advertising
Advertisers can be reluctant to invest money in Facebook advertisements, but putting a small amount in can be a low risk way to try out the platform. Read on for tips:
- Facebook offers options to help drive users to your website, if you’re trying to lead more traffic there.
- New targeting options allow you to reach out to specific audiences you expect will be interested in your content.
- More exposure via paid reach gives users more opportunities to organically share your posts.
- Investing a small amount allows you to experiment with different tactics, without a huge sum of money.
- Even small advertising buys lead to increased brand awareness
#3. 9 Google Drive Tips You’ll Wish You Knew All Along
Google Drive is a great tool for connecting users who are working on a project remotely, but the system can be less than intuitive. Use these helpful tips to work quicker and smarter!
Use shortcuts to make your workflow more efficient.
- Use Drive, rather than Gmail for large attachments to get around size restrictions
- Drive allows for simple image editing, including cropping, masks, and the addition of borders
- Install the Drive extension to Chrome in order to save content directly from your browser
Want to make sure your site is at the top of search results? Soon your mobile friendliness will impact your ranking. Use Google’s Mobile Friendly Test to make sure your site meets their standards.